I have a strange question. Can Citi Bike tell you where to party late into the evening? As it turns out, yes.
For each station, I looked at the % of all departures that happen between 12AM and 4AM on weekends vs all other times, and I created a map of the results, including the top five “late weekend” stations:
This map is the nightlife of NYC through the eyes of Citi Bike. The champions? Williamsburg and the Lower East Side. Other late night hot-spots include Alphabet City, the West Village, the Meatpacking District, and Cobble Hill.
Here are the top 10 stations:
If you are one of those riders, be careful out there!
Data provided by Citi Bike
Map made in QGIS
- emmadelosnardos likes this
- snoppme likes this
- dreadiron reblogged this from iquantny
- armonian likes this
- arlorock likes this
- citymaus reblogged this from iquantny and added:
- digiture likes this
- kellyannemeyers reblogged this from iquantny
- jonathangerlach reblogged this from iquantny
- robertogreen reblogged this from iquantny
- franimal likes this
- randyhaddock likes this
- successfulunderachiever reblogged this from iquantny
- iquantny posted this